Please help our Junior Warriors in raising as much as we can for Mark Hughes Foundation!
Did you know:
Brain cancer is the leading cause of cancer death in children, and adults aged under 40 in Australia, yet alarmingly very little is known about brain cancer, its causes or how it is treated!
That is why the Mark Hughes Foundation was formed so that research can be carried out to decrease mortality rates and decrease the incident of brain cancer in Australia. We want to make a difference!
- In 2010, 1680 brain cancers were diagnosed in Australia; that is roughly one person diagnosed every 5 hours.*
- In 2012, there were 1272 deaths caused by brain cancer.*
- Brain cancer has a very high mortality rate and survival rates have hardly changed for 30 years.*
- Brain Cancer is the most complex cancer yet it is the most under-studied.*
- Brain cancer costs more per patient than any other cancer because of its highly debilitating, affects people in their prime and often means family members cannot work if they become carers**
- Brain cancer receives very little funding, in 2012 received only 3% of federal government funding***
No matter how big or small your donation, you want to know that it is going to be used in the best way possible! Medical research is expensive but it saves lives. Funding medical research is how we can look to a future where brain cancer patients have much improved treatments and positive long term health outcomes and one day - a cure.
Your donation large or small helps in many ways:
$50 - biobank blood collection tubes
$150 - laboratory consumables for one week for a PHD student (gloves, dry ice, sharps containers, syringes, GHS labels, petri dishes, etc)
$500 - one pipette - a vital laboratory tool for researchers
$6000 - medical researchers can gather brain cancer cells for investigation for new treatments
$20,000 - medical researchers can begin development of new drug therapies for brain cancer treatment
$50,000 - medical researchers can develop new treatment and drug therapies ready for clinical trials in patients
$100,000 funds a medical research team for 3 months to continue development
Thank you in advance for your generosity, it means a lot!